Tuesday, April 24, 2018

the sound of silence...

Have you ever had the yarn break on you when you’re knitting across the row? Sometimes there is a weak spot and it will break and of course, you don’t see it happening or notice until it’s too late. Usually everything ends up on the floor or at least half of it. I have my machine positioned so the back of the table is just out a little from the wall about a foot – easy enough to reach in behind to change yarn or whatever needs to be done back there but close enough so if the yarn breaks, the auto-tension snaps back and hits the wall with a big ‘thwack!’ and it alerts me to quit immediately – the important thing is to stop before you get to the end of the row because more than half of the work will be dropped but if you were able to stop in time and the last side is saved from dropping, it will be much easier to salvage and rehang the work - if it’s single bed work! Double bed, give up and go drink!
The afghan is done! I did take the pieces over to Derek's just so I could be sure the colours were right - not that I was going to do anything about it if they weren't! It looks great, feels great, he likes it!


No comments: