Thursday, February 23, 2017

from the land down under...


Oh, that's kind of catchy - they should use that in a song! LOL!
Spotted in the Sydney airport...
3D sweaters! Some of you, not naming names, may remember these as coogi sweaters from like 15 to 20 years ago and they were all the rage in machine knitting circles, mostly done on Passap. In fact somewhere in a really old Knitwords we maybe had an article?? About a lady (I think her name was Delores something from the west coast) who made them...These are very, very fine gauge, much lighter than they were before.
Anyway, I am in Australia, heading for New Zealand. If you'd care to read about my adventures, maybe get a few travel tips or better still, what not to do, check out
travelwithmysis.blogspot.ca

Will be back here at the usual location sometime after March 17 which is our return date to Canada.
PS we are going to a sheep ranch where we get to see a sheepdog herding sheep and see a sheep-shearing done the old-fashioned way. I'm so excited!

PS. I just checked my index files and in KW#23, we had an article from Dolores Faulkner and she called her version 'Patience', made on her Brother 940 single bed.

No comments: