Tuesday, November 1, 2016

kick start...

I need one - I'm back from Texas. It was a great workshop! So much fun seeing knitters I remembered from before and meeting the newer crew. They all treated me so nicely, I signed a lot of autographs and we had a good time! They did a potluck for lunch and it was outstanding! Thanks to everyone!
Now, back home, my head is back to normal size, everything is unpacked, most things taken care of. Got my pile of red scarves delivered to the Aids Awareness people, and I'm spinning my wheels...I feel like I don't know what to do! Haven't knit anything in almost a month now! But what should I do? I don't have a to-do list - that's usually what I need to get me going but I feel like I don't really have a list...Oh, I know, when worse comes to worse, I can always make a few pairs of socks! I have no idea if I even have any sock yarn to work with...then again, I might just have to do something with that archaeology scarf swatch from last May - it is still intriguing me...
Actually, I know what's wrong! I just found out that Vogue Knitting Live is happening this coming weekend in Minneapolis and I'm kind of bummed out that I'm not going! and it's not like I'm this big hand knitter (I'm not really - the extent of my handknitting is garter stitch dish cloths or scarves just to have something to do in front of the TV) - how I found out? Jason Wurst from RockingHorse Farm in St Cloud, MN told me he's going - they have a booth there! and I read the on-line brochure and I got all excited, you know, bright lights, big city, lots of yarn!
So, if you're going there without me, make sure to stop and give Jason and Carole a big hello from me! And have fun!

P.S. a really big thanks to all who have bought the new book - your support has been gratifying and overwhelming!

No comments: