Tuesday, May 27, 2014

the RTR lace cardi...

I love it and so did my girlfriends! In fact, they both called dibs on it when I don’t want it anymore – funny, they have noticed that I’ve been making longer sleeves on things lately so I can give them away!

Not sure what the real appeal of this design is, because they loved it before I even put it on. Is it the colour? or a combination of the colour and the lace pattern? I guess I’ll have to make it again in another shade just to see. What I really like – the way the back looks, although on the next one, I’m going to make the yoke a little deeper. The slight flare below the waist is very nice. I also like the side view where the back looks slightly longer than the front – I didn’t really plan that, it just happened - it’s because I did the angle shaping on the back side of the front/side panel. I’ll make the front a little narrower, so the front lace panels just meet at the centre front instead of the overlap thing although that’s quite okay… and I’ll fix the front edge cast-on – it worked okay for the bottom edge of the front and sleeve, but went a bit wavy on the vertical drop…

4 comments:

Warkworth Spinners and Weavers said...

It would look very elegant with a plain front and just the lace on the back. Is there a pattern?

My One and Only said...

I love it and I love it on you!
And... your haircut is fabulous!

Dear Mary Anne,
I tried to send you e-mail directly, but I don't have an Outlook set up and there's where link takes me....
So, I'll do it here.
I love your teaching and love your style. I also big fan of Craftsy.com, where I take lots of online classes. I asked tech support on Craftsy about inviting you to teach so much needed machine knitting classes! They were eager to learn about you and asked to send you a message too, so you can contact them.
Please do, Mary Anne! We need you as a teacher! Machine knitting is trying to wake up from a long sleep. You can help many people to pick up a new hobby or to continue with an old one.
Sorry for the long message
but I hope we can see you teaching online!
Thank you in advance,
Iryna Boehland

Anonymous said...

Dear Mary Anne, I just love the RTR lace cardi. Will there be a pattern for this sweater? I don't think I can do it on my own. I agree completely with the other commenter that it would be wonderful if you could give online classes. You are so talented and an inspirational knitting instructor. Your friend from Carmel - Grace/Kay

Anonymous said...

Love the sweater, I want the pattern, either on Knit Style or one of your pattern collections.