Sunday, April 20, 2008

mudslide time

Well, we finally got No 45 off to print! between no-shows, getting through the photoshoot, Rick's flooded basement, writing the last little words and the final proofing, I'm ready for a drink! a mudslide (equal parts of vodka, Kahlua, and Baileys over ice - in that order or it'll curdle) is preferable but I'd settle for a light (or is that lite?) beer... what does that tell you...
Anyway, I'm blogging because I realized I have other things to say or tell you that either don't deserve to get printed in the magazine or, most likely, no space left for. I promised from day one that KNITWORDS would only have good stuff, not a lot of filler, aka useless crap, so now, I'll throw it all here!! Don't say I didn't warn you...
I do intend to share some of what is going on with the magazine, maybe give the odd preview or what's not going to make the cut as well as the odd recipe or two (see, I already snuck one in, ha, ha!) I always thought that was so funny in the old Carriage Trades to see a recipe and I've threatened once or twice to put one in K'words and I was told in no uncertain terms that you didn't want to cook...

No comments: